Useful information about baby products
Did you know that ???
1-Many children’s bath products contain chemicals that may cause cancer and skin allergies, according to an international report on safe Cosmetics.
2-Phthalates (a family of chemicals used in the production of baby products) are used in baby shampoos, lotions and powders. A medical study found elevated levels of phthalates in the urine of babies who had recently been bathed or had powder or lotion applied. These chemicals have been linked to premature birth, reproductive defects, and early onset of puberty.
3-Baby Foaming bath products & Shampoos: Studies found that many baby bath products such as bubble baths & shampoos contain formaldehyde and 1/4 dioxane (a by product used to make petroleum – based ingredients gentler to the skin). These products are both considered as probable human carcinogens (may cause cancer) and also linked to numerous skin allergies. Baby shower gels and shampoos may also contain mild detergents composed of milk alkyl, ether sulphates combined with imidazoline or a betaine foam booster. There have been studies that indicate some bath bubble products can cause urinary tract irritation particularly in young females in addition to possible inflammation of the urethra and bladder.
4-Most of the protective baby lotions and creams are petroleum derived, & contains Fats mineral oils (paraffin) & emulsifier such as triethanolamine, triethanolamine stearate. They don’t contain & therefore don’t benefit the skin. Instead they create a barrier, block the pores and hold moisture and toxins in against the skin.
5-Baby wipes & Baby Lotions contain sodium lauryl sulfate and propylene glycol. while the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a frank Carcinogen (causes cancer) Propylene glycol has been proven to cause skin rash, deafness, kidney damage, and liver problems in scientific and animal studies. This chemical also damages cell membranes, leading to rashes, dry skin and surface damage of the skin. Additionally chemicals found in baby wipes include a wide range of antibacterial and chemical preservatives.
6-Teethers, bath books, and sleep accessories may include toxic chemical such as phthalates and polybrominated diphenyl ethers, some teethers were find to contain (DBP) a type of phthalate classified as both a reproductive toxin and carcinogen (causes cancer).
7-Baby powder is composed of talc, hydrated magnesium silicate and may also contain zinc, magnesium stearate, or lithium stearate. Your baby’s powder may also contain zinc oxide which may cause chest and lungs inflammation & breathing problems to your baby.
8-Baby skin surface area to weight ratio is higher than in adults.That means when a product is applied to your baby or child there is a greater potential for absorption.
- Take the time to examine your baby’s personal care products and choose them carefully and read the ingredients on each product very carefully
- Avoid allowing children to put Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) plastic toys in their mouths; Nefertari has just launched a new line of 100% natural toys made of 100% organic cotton which will be totally safe for your children to play with and chew on.
- Use glass containers for food and drink storage when possible instead of plastic ones.
- In washing plastic products, avoid harsh dish washing soap and hot water, both of which speed up the leaching process.
- As much as you can apply natural baby products on your baby’s skin.
- Wash your baby skin with water and natural soap for a healthier baby skin. Try Nefertari’s 100% natural glycerin soap which will be very tender on your baby’s skin.
- Alternatively, Nefertari offers you and your child a wide range of 100% Natural baby care products: soaps, oils, lotions, towels, bathrobes, sponges….etc which could all be found in
- Nefertari’s exclusives stores.
All Nefertari baby care products are 100 % Natural 100 % free from any chemicals, preservatives, coloring agents, or artificial fragrances. All products contain no pesticides, no parabens, no synthetic preservatives, no fragrances, no Polypropylene Glycerol, no phthalates, no Sulfates, no nuts and no animal products.